Oops... I Arted!

On this weblog I will post cartoon strips, drawings, one panel cartoons, sketches, and updates on the Lubbock comics community. I hope to get feedback, increase my artistic skills, and get 'those' ideas out of my head. Feel free to critique me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States

There I sat all broken hearted,
tried to draw but only Arted.
Now I choose not to sweat it,
I can Art and not regret it.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

24 hour comics day was a blast, and Jammin' at Novacon!

Well, 24 hour comics day (the official day for doing a 24 hour comic around the world!) has come and gone, we held a little event here in town at my friend Kiki's house but I got very little done (Like almost 3 pages - all-time lowest page count...). I was having too much fun talking to everyone, and goofing around.

"Chocolate Rain!!!!"....you had to be there.

My gf Candie is awesome! She found a bunch of sponsors for the event and got us tons of free food.

Unfortunately she hurt her wrist and arm after slipping on a sycamore seed while getting us some of that food. :( But she has mostly recovered now.

Now on to the next big event.

Novacon 2008, www.novacon2008.blogspot.com is here

- Saturday November 1st from 8:00am to 6pm at the Garden and Arts center. -

I've got a table there, and will be hosting a Comics Jam.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all turns out.

Here is my event info:

NovaCon 2008 Comics Jam!
When: Saturday, November 1st, 2008. From 2:00-3:00pm
Where: The Lubbock Garden & Arts Center (44th and University Ave)
Who: Anyone interested in making improvisational comics art.
How much: Free, with entrance to NovaCon 2008!

Seating is limited, so please come early!

What is a comic jam?

A Comic Jam is when a bunch of cartoonists get together and draw comics together. There are frequent, on-going jams all over the US, as well as "one-shot" jams such as this one.

Why would I want to do this?

It's a chance to show off your creativity, meet new people, stretch your imagination and because it's fun!

How does is work?

Most comics jams work like this: You draw a story panel on the page, and pass it to the next artist, who then does the same until the story is finished. All comics jams are different, many with no real format.

However, because of the limited time span of the event, we will be providing fun and challenging scripts, created by local comics writers. The goal is to stick to the script as much as possible, while trying to creatively fill in the gaps.

So what do I need to bring?

Most importantly yourself, your imagination and talent. Pens and paper will be provided for you. But if you need anything more (like a board to draw on instead of the table).

What about....?

If you have any questions, please contact Brandon at: artistwithin[at]gmail.com

---

Take care everyone,

-Brandon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home