Oops... I Arted!

On this weblog I will post cartoon strips, drawings, one panel cartoons, sketches, and updates on the Lubbock comics community. I hope to get feedback, increase my artistic skills, and get 'those' ideas out of my head. Feel free to critique me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States

There I sat all broken hearted,
tried to draw but only Arted.
Now I choose not to sweat it,
I can Art and not regret it.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Small Comic, Big Hit at West Texas Comic Con!



Quite the unexpected and amazing thing happened, I didn't get to finish the comic I originally wanted to do for the Con.

Instead, I had 4 days, half finished pencils and a basic idea about how I was going to proceed. I printed about 40 and sold out within 4 hours! And better yet, people heard about the comic from others and wanted more. Just amazing.

A super-mini comic is what I call it, one of the world's smallest comics produced. The idea itself was a selling point, but I hope the content is what ends up being the thing people like the most about it.

It's a tiny inspirational title that can be bought for half a dollar. A full 24-page comic, 1 inch by 1 inch. With readable text and recognizable art.

There are a few bugs to work out, but I like the results so far. There is even the idea of selling them via a vending machine, in those little bubble containers. Cool possibilities.

I'm not sure what the next one will be, or when it will be produced. But I do know that this has been a great learning experience for me. Not only the convention experience itself, but also the month leading up to it.

Priorities are making themselves clear. More to come.

I hope you are well.

- Brandon

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home