Oops... I Arted!

On this weblog I will post cartoon strips, drawings, one panel cartoons, sketches, and updates on the Lubbock comics community. I hope to get feedback, increase my artistic skills, and get 'those' ideas out of my head. Feel free to critique me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States

There I sat all broken hearted,
tried to draw but only Arted.
Now I choose not to sweat it,
I can Art and not regret it.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

A Long Rambly Type Of Post...

This is from my 'ink and color' sketchbook (that I got for Christmas). I sketched in ink pen (Zig) and I later colored this with ink (Winsor & Newton, also a gift) and brush.



Click Image to View Drawing

This stuff mostly a outgrowth of the feeling that I need to draw more from real life. But don't worry, more funnys are coming!

I recently met a friend of William named Norvell Maples . Will has recently left Lubbock to pursue art in San Diego (new school and new job). Will had me return some things to Novell and naturally we talked for about an hour on all sorts of things.

Its wierd, I think Will leaving has forced me to be a bit more social. Will is very social, and has all sorts of friends in Lubbock, many interested in art. I feel like I need to bridge the gap and begin to really get to know these people. In future posts I'll be mentioning them, and (if they have a web prescense) linking to them.

One last note:
I listened tonight to a radio show about comics on 88.1 KTXT called 'Metropolis'. I've heard it before, but I thought I'd mention it because I recently met one of the hosts, at the "comics jam" we had last week at the 50th Street Caboose. I need to get in touch with those guys....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it. Reminds me of the sketches you see on the news of a trial. Don't know if it's the same process they use or not, (since I'm not really an artist).

8:05 PM  
Blogger Badkins said...

Thanks Stefan. I belive it's the same process. I'm not sure if they do some preliminary sketches based on photos or if they just go in the courtroom 'cold'. Anyways, you are an artist. You've arted all over your blog....

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Artist...not in the traditional sense. I mostly "fanagle" colors around on the screen and manipulate them until they look good to a drunk man. :)

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home