Oops... I Arted!

On this weblog I will post cartoon strips, drawings, one panel cartoons, sketches, and updates on the Lubbock comics community. I hope to get feedback, increase my artistic skills, and get 'those' ideas out of my head. Feel free to critique me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States

There I sat all broken hearted,
tried to draw but only Arted.
Now I choose not to sweat it,
I can Art and not regret it.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Sorry for the delay folks!

A few things have gotten in the way of blogging recently. A few life changes, a couple of excuses, and a lot of slacking off are my reasons. I won't bore you with the details, but I will share with you some things I've done.

1. I have completed one more "Fam-Damily" cartoon, with another yet to be finished.
(I'm sending these to a local newsletter for publication no pay, but it will be good to get 'into' the process.

2. I've been doing a lot of "peripheral work" which is my phrase for any work that you can't see the results of easily. (for example reading a lot of books on cartooning)

3. I have been writing and editing a newsletter for The Odyssey Bookstore. There is an online version of it at: ( http://www.calmjourney.com ) No cartoons in it (yet!).

4. A lot of reading. Besides the cartooning books: The Alchemist, The Four Agreements, and Be Here Now. These are all about different ways at looking at the world (which I've needed lately).

that's all for now, but I promise I will be back with more in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home